I have a lot of things in common with kids. The lives of kids involve a lot of "treats and snoozin', snoozin' and treats" as my sister likes to say. I also aspire to snoozin' and treats (and I bet you do too). We are one.
This particular treat is extremely kid friendly. Besides that it's easy to make, it tastes like something a kid (and a honest human) would love. Key ingredients are pudding and sprinkles. Need I say more?
Make them, eat them, be a kid and take a nap. Goodnight!
Recipe source: barely adapted from Crazy for Crust
Funfetti Pudding Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 small box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat in.
3. Combine dry ingredients (I actually rarely do this, but I know it's a good idea :) Slowly add to wet ingredients and mix in until fully incorporated.
4. Stir in whatever sprinkles your heart desires.
5. Roll into small 1" balls or use a mini ice cream scoop and place dough on trays.
6. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheets.
7. Share with your favorite little.