I feel like I've seen a plethora of pumpkin recipes everywhere lately. Pumpkins on Pinterest, pumpkins on Instagram, pumpkins in snickerdoodles, pumpkins in patches...you feel like that, also? Probably because they ARE everywhere. But if pumpkins everywhere are wrong, I just don't want to be right. Pumpkin recipes are delicious! and festive! and healthy? Regardless, it has become clear that everyone loves fall and everyone loves pumpkins, the inherit mascot of fall. I am jumping on the bandwagon with my own fun pumpkin creation. What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?
Ginger Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
Homemade Ginger Molasses Cookies - recipe found here
Pumpkin flavored ice cream (shouldn't be hard to find this time of year!)
1. Make Ginger Molasses cookies according to recipe, omitting the white chocolate for dipping. Allow cookies to cool completely.
2. Soften ice cream in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Place cookies face up on cookie sheet. Scoop heaping spoonful of ice cream onto center of the cookie. Your personal ice cream to cookie ratio preference may vary. Scoop as little or as much as you like.
4. Press second cookie on top of ice cream. Serve immediately.
5. If not serving immediately - after pressing second cookie on top of ice cream, quickly wrap individual sandwiches tightly in saran wrap and return to freezer. Thaw in fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Note: if you serve these cookies immediately the cookie will be soft and chewy and the ice cream will be fairly soft as well. This is a delightful combination, but also fairly messy. Ice cream will inevitably get all over your hands, but you will enjoy every minute. If you freeze the cookies, the whole cookie will be more set (obviously) but the cookies won't be as chewy. It will be a more firm gingersnap and frozen treat. Don't worry, I tried them both ways and they are both great.