Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Peppermint Cocoa Crinkles



Christmas is over, I know, I know. But these were maybe my favorite cookies of Christmas. Soft, chewy, minty, chocolaty - my, oh my. But ladies and gentlemen, do not be fooled. Just because they were taken in front of a Christmas themed background does not mean they can only be enjoyed during Yuletide; they can actually be made any time of year! Truth! And quite necessary. In fact, I might go make some right now. With milk. To aid in my New Year's Resolution to drink more milk. Oh, 2013 - you're lookin' bright!

Peppermint Cocoa Crinkles

1 cup shortening
1 & 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Powdered sugar for dusting

1. Cream together shortening and sugar using hand held or stand mixer. Add eggs, peppermint extract and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
2. Slowly add dry ingredients. A lot of recipes have you mix dry ingredients together separately and then add slowly to wet ingredients. I rarely do this. I just add the dry ingredients slowly, mixing between every cup of flour.
3. Roll into 1-1&1/2" balls. I prefer mine on the bigger side. This guarantees the center will be soft and gooey.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. 
5. Let cool on wire racks.
6. Dust with powder sugar. 

Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs