Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Paleo Truffles

Hello, Cookie Clinic Readers!

My name is Nicole.  I'm a wife, mother of two tiny girls, and lover of all things sugary and delicious.  And, I am a self-diagnosed sugar addict.  I am excited to be a guest blogger, and thank Kelly for the opportunity to share one of my favorite (less guilt ridden) guilty pleasures.  Back in June, on my quest to lose the last bit of baby weight I was still carrying around, I hopped on the Paleo bandwagon and started eating like a "Caveman".  This meant no grains, no dairy, and, wait for it.... NO SUGAR.  How would I survive without my daily sweet tooth fix?  Oh, I found a way.  These chocolaty, rich, almost sinful truffles taste like fudge.  And yet, there is no processed sugar.  Even though I am no longer on the Paleo diet, I still make these babies on a regular basis, and enjoy feeling just a bit less guilty when I eat my weight in them.  Even my husband and three year old request them.

You will need: 
3 TBLS Organic Coconut Oil
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 10 oz bags Enjoy Life Chocolate chips (Whole Foods)
2 tsp. vanilla

Begin by pouring coconut milk in a sauce pan over medium heat.  You want the milk to heat through, come to a bit of a boil, but not burn.  Be sure to stir occasionally.


While milk is heating, measure out 15 ounces (1 1/2 bags) of your soy-free, dairy-free, blessings of chocolate chips, in a large bowl.  Add 3 TBLS coconut oil.  I prefer Trader Joe's brand, but any will do.


Once your milk is heated through, pour over chips and oil, and stir until smooth.  Stir in 2 tsp. vanilla.


Cover the chocolate and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and lick that spatula clean!  I promise, you will want to.

Once the chocolate is set, remove from the refrigerator.  Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes before scooping tablespoon sized dollops out and rolling in your hands to form a small ball.  The chocolate will melt and your hands will be covered- don't hesitate to lick 'em!  I roll some of the truffles in coca powder, some in unsweetened (to avoid sugar) shredded coconut, and some I leave just plain.  They are delicious any way you make them.  The truffles do not need to be refrigerated, but I like to eat mine when they are still a bit chilled, so I keep mine in sealed tupperware in the fridge.


I hope you enjoy these little treats.  Here's to (healthy-ish) chocolate delights!  Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

xoxo Nicole  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs